Author Topic: Tapatalk  (Read 10877 times)

Offline watto11

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Watsonfamilycamping/165262510248075
Tapatalk
« on: November 24, 2011, 07:53:58 PM »
Hey guys Ive got a ? About tapatalk I'm assuming it happened with last update i don't seem to be able to mark threads as read by sliding them across anyone else noticed that its a bit frustrating I believe it's made it a less user friendly app

Offline watto11

• Soft Floor Camper User
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Watsonfamilycamping/165262510248075
Tapatalk
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 05:33:27 AM »
Just noticed u can't mark as read in latest section of forum but u can in the main forum sections

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
Re: Tapatalk
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 10:28:54 AM »
Arrgh. Tapatalk now marks all unreads as read after displaying the list. I worked a long, long day yesterday, there was over 100 unread topics, started scanning them this morning, go back in and find that I have only two unread.  >:D
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline GU_Thomo

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 11:31:56 AM »
Arrgh. Tapatalk now marks all unreads as read after displaying the list. I worked a long, long day yesterday, there was over 100 unread topics, started scanning them this morning, go back in and find that I have only two unread.  >:D

Is it back to the Carrier Pigeon then?? ;D
I am just a very new user of Tapatalk so am yet to notice these quirks/bugs.

Cheers
Parry

Offline Bird

• Once Was Lost, now am found
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Life is far too long....
    • My Place.
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 11:54:12 AM »
No such problems using a PC.....
-
Click to enlarge

Gone to a new home

Offline whitedg

• Administrator
  • Swag User
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 12:18:39 PM »
After buying tapatalk, i regularly read the fourms via the web page - just seems more natural.

Just can't get the hang off it - maybe I need to spend more time on the forums getting used to it :)

Cheers
whitedg

Offline OffRoadDave

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • If I think I can build it I will!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 12:39:29 PM »
You must get a sore back lugging your pc round all day with you Lost.

Offline ozbogwam

• Soft Floor Camper User
Tapatalk
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 04:29:17 PM »
My issue with Tapatalk is that many posts are blank yet if I view it via Safari they have content

Offline Estelle

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • New members of the leisure club
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 05:48:18 PM »

Hi BigJules,

I have noticed a few of times in the last couple of days that the latest post is about 5 to 6 hours in the future. Go out and come back in and all is fine.

Happens with the web browser (on an iPad). TapaTalk has been a bit askew as well. Can't think of what it was I noticed, but just odd. Get a different list of unread items via TapaTalk and a std RSS feed. Web browser seems to display different unread items as well.

Cheers.
Chris & John

05 DiD Platinum Pajero, Cub Spacevan Drover Off Road

Offline Symon

• Big sparks r us
  • Electrimagician
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • www.phased.com.au
    • Web Server in a Box Project
Re: Re: Tapatalk
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 05:44:50 AM »

Haven't noticed that. Must be an apple thing.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk
Do not PM me for technical advice - start a thread.
HDJ79 Ute - 100 Series Sahara - 2002 Kimberley Kamper - No ATS yet - Survivor of 5 McGirr trips-Cape 09,11,12,14 & Gulf 13

Offline Estelle

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • New members of the leisure club
Re: Re: Tapatalk
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 06:23:08 AM »
Haven't noticed that. Must be an apple thing.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk

Couldn't be an Apple thing. They always work.

Sent from our iPad. Hasn't crashed yet this morning.  ;D

Ed:  Tapatalk 'unread' indicates 6 unread items but about 15 items unread and about 10 read when I go to 'all'. Feeddler shows 10 unread items, and a web browser > 20 unread.  Couldn't see any settings in either Tapatalk or Feeddler that would make a difference. Refresh - same numbers.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 06:58:15 AM by Estelle »
Chris & John

05 DiD Platinum Pajero, Cub Spacevan Drover Off Road

scarps

Tapatalk
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 09:53:38 PM »
Any other tapatalk users got the latest version?  Heaps better screen layout on the iPad.

scarpsD40

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 07:10:39 AM »
And I wake up this morning to find tapatalk has updated itself over night.  Where did that option go? Oh ok, there it is......

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 08:47:31 AM »
I must admit I'm slow to adapt to new technology, but I can't quite grasp what the fuss about tapatalk is either ?

I have a windows phone ( Nokia 920 ) and when I have to look at web sites ( far prefer the laptop experience ) I look at a website....it looks the same, although I need to enlarge it ( need glasses to read ).

But tapatalk is completely different in looks and the way it works, but I must admit I don't try and use it ,so I don't know if it has any features
that are better than a normal website ?
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

scarpsD40

Tapatalk
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 08:53:06 AM »
I must admit I'm slow to adapt to new technology, but I can't quite grasp what the fuss about tapatalk is either ?

I have a windows phone ( Nokia 920 ) and when I have to look at web sites ( far prefer the laptop experience ) I look at a website....it looks the same, although I need to enlarge it ( need glasses to read ).

But tapatalk is completely different in looks and the way it works, but I must admit I don't try and use it ,so I don't know if it has any features
that are better than a normal website ?
lol.... Years ago we all used to camp in tents and then someone designed a tent on a trailer and called it a camper trailer and we all followed. Easier and more comfy. Tapatalk similar situation. New idea, design and technology.
Doesn't mean I don't still use a tent and on occasion I still go back and use a windows laptop too.
Everyone will use what they're most comfortable with, that is until you see your mate has a newer and better CT, then.....

I use tapatalk on a mini iPad and and iPhone. I travel (a lot), and do carry a laptop but buy the time you take it out of its bag, power it up etc, I've already had the iPad mini open and checked all of the recent posts and threads using tapatalk. There's a feature there called timeline that means I can see current discussions. It's also a pretty easy process to add pics into posts.
I can also still access forums and threads, but timeline is my home page for each forum.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:23:27 AM by scarpsD40 »

scarpsD40

Tapatalk
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2014, 09:24:30 AM »
Adding pics to a thread post using tapatalk takes about 5 seconds and a couple of finger touches
1 - after you have added text to your post, click on the picture or camera icon

2 - this will open up your picture albums

3 - select your picture

4 - select the quality of the picture

5 - click on save
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:47:26 AM by scarpsD40 »

Offline GUEY

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2014, 09:57:34 AM »
I have tapatalk installed on my phone, but don't actually use it for browsing.
Just have it running in the background for notifications for the three forums that I'm on.
Is that the free version or the paid version you are using.
2016 Colorado Trailblazer
2010 Swan Outback

scarpsD40

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 11:49:58 AM »

Is that the free version or the paid version you are using.
hhmm, not sure now. I did buy a version but think I went back to the free version.

Offline rmb3218

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2014, 02:02:24 PM »
I've updated iPad and iPhone app and now when I go between forums it goes via feed page. Can't find where to disable this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline gronk

• KKK... Kwik Kool Kamping
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2014, 06:37:58 PM »
You still haven't convinced me.....is it easier to use than a website ?...or just different ?

When you add a picture, obviously the pic has to be on your phone ?....I can do that on my windows phone as well.....I can also go onto the cloud and pick from the pics on the computer as well ( but you can maybe do that as well ?? )

I use a tablet when camping ( if I've got reception ), but mostly it's just the missus on the phone ( facebook ), but I dislike the phone for web browsing as it's too small and so too much scrolling and expanding the screen etc !

and BTW...I've progressed from a C/T to a van...so I've nearly got out of the dark ages !!   ;D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 06:41:44 PM by gronk »
2009 200 series Yota
2019 Lifestyle Ultra

scarpsD40

Tapatalk
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 06:43:40 PM »
You still haven't convinced me.....is it easier to use than a website ?...or just different ?

scarps - I find it easier, but others may find a website easier, everyone will have their own comfort zone, sounds like you have yours.

When you add a picture, obviously the pic has to be on your phone ?....I can do that on my windows phone as well.....I can also go onto the cloud and pick from the pics on the computer as well ( but you can maybe do that as well ?? )

scarps - yes can access any photo album on my phone or iPad including cloud stream.
I also have a couple of app's that can save a pic off the internet, apply a witty text and turn it into a meme, then save and upload onto myswag.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 06:51:58 PM by scarpsD40 »

scarpsD40

Tapatalk
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2014, 08:20:21 PM »
https://tapatalk.com/aboutus.php
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:03:19 PM by scarpsD40 »

Offline Moggy

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2014, 02:30:52 PM »
Watch out for latest update. Complete change in layout & I find it a PITA.

Can't find the menu for thread topics. ...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 02:36:29 PM by Moggy »
All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.
T.E. Lawrence

Offline jwb

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2014, 02:35:17 PM »
Mmmmm yes,  copy that :(
Cheers

Jwb

scarpsD40

Tapatalk
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2014, 03:46:50 PM »
Watch out for latest update. Complete change in layout & I find it a PITA.

Can't find the menu for thread topics. ...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
which version?
I'm on this one. Have found everything I use.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 03:54:16 PM by scarpsD40 »