Author Topic: Weight Loss  (Read 58063 times)

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
Re: Weight Loss
« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2012, 06:59:41 PM »
Well done Noel, great effort.
I was 140.5 kg when I first posted this, and I am currently 126.7 kg, as of about 1 hour ago., so I must be something right.  I can actually walk more than 100 metres without having a 10 minute rest, so things are starting to improve.
Regards
Tjupurula

Offline Crockett

• Tent User
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2012, 11:10:26 PM »
Congrats Tjupurula and all the other "losers", I shed 10% and aint looking back, keep up the good work  :cheers:

Offline johnyd

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2012, 03:57:15 AM »
Good work everyone, keep it up, you feel much better for it.

I've been fluctuating a bit as a get closer to my goal weight and step up the workouts physically. 

Currently 112.7kg (as of yesterday morning), so only 2kg down since April :(

Can see a difference in the body though, couldn't put off some clothes shopping any longer, I was starting to look ridiculous in my old 5-6xl clothes.  I'm comfortably down to XXL, can get away with some XL cuts, but some XXL cuts don't fit properly.  I did have some xxl stuff before, but it was a bit tight, now (without having worn it much to stretch it out) that stuff is a bit loose and all the new stuff fits comfortably, I nearly grabbed the xl's as motivation, but a lot of them didn't fit my shoulders.

Still want to get around the 100kg mark, but not expecting to get under it, I don't think I'm carrying enough fat to do so, especially if I keep up the weight gain, while getting smaller.  I've lost enough fat to make a noticeable visual difference to my body shape without actually losing much weight for 2-3 months now.

I certainly feel lighter despite not having lost much, everything is just easier.  I'll catch myself jogging between destinations when there is no hurry, just because I can.  And occasionally I'll pick something up and carry it around with no effort then someone will point out that it's 50kg. 

Yesterday I caught two young sheep (bit under a year) in the middle of the paddock, first I outran and grabbed normally, second I caught while carrying the first.  They were probably a touch under 20kg each, but my estimation of weights has been way off lately.  Then I carried them both a few hundred metres to the shed they were refusing to go in.  No burning muscles, no panting for breath, nothing.  Six months ago I probably would've managed one with some panting, 2 months ago I'd have probably caught both of them, but could not have carried them.

Also a week ago I figured out I can do one-armed push-ups with my feet balanced on one of those big bouncy fit ball things :D

So hopefully I'm still on the right track :cheers:

Haven't changed the diet, but the naturopath that put me onto it wants me to cut a bit more diary, and change my smoothies a bit.

New recipe
50% Veggie juice
50% Fruit juice
2 eggs (raw)

Yes I realise that if I have 50% of veggies and 50% of fruit the eggs make the smoothie add up to more than 100%.  I'm yet to try it out.

Offline Crockett

• Tent User
« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2012, 06:43:12 PM »
Good work everyone, keep it up, you feel much better for it.

Can see a difference in the body though, couldn't put off some clothes shopping any longer, I was starting to look ridiculous in my old 5-6xl clothes.  I'm comfortably down to XXL, can get away with some XL cuts, but some XXL cuts don't fit properly.  I did have some xxl stuff before, but it was a bit tight, now (without having worn it much to stretch it out) that stuff is a bit loose and all the new stuff fits comfortably, I nearly grabbed the xl's as motivation, but a lot of them didn't fit my shoulders.

Still want to get around the 100kg mark, but not expecting to get under it, I don't think I'm carrying enough fat to do so, especially if I keep up the weight gain, while getting smaller.  I've lost enough fat to make a noticeable visual difference to my body shape without actually losing much weight for 2-3 months now.

I certainly feel lighter despite not having lost much, everything is just easier.  I'll catch myself jogging between destinations when there is no hurry, just because I can.  And occasionally I'll pick something up and carry it around with no effort then someone will point out that it's 50kg. 

Yesterday I caught two young sheep (bit under a year) in the middle of the paddock, first I outran and grabbed normally, second I caught while carrying the first.  They were probably a touch under 20kg each, but my estimation of weights has been way off lately.  Then I carried them both a few hundred metres to the shed they were refusing to go in.  No burning muscles, no panting for breath, nothing.  Six months ago I probably would've managed one with some panting, 2 months ago I'd have probably caught both of them, but could not have carried them.

Also a week ago I figured out I can do one-armed push-ups with my feet balanced on one of those big bouncy fit ball things :D

So hopefully I'm still on the right track :cheers:

Maaaate, if your slugging 50kg around, catching sheep in the middle of a paddock and fitting into XL then id say you are most definately winning the battle,,,
one armed push ups  :cup: take my hat off.

Offline johnyd

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2012, 08:43:43 PM »

Maaaate, if your slugging 50kg around, catching sheep in the middle of a paddock and fitting into XL then id say you are most definately winning the battle,,,
one armed push ups  :cup: take my hat off.

Thanks, I was certain I couldn't do the push-ups, but the trainer told me I had to try.  I only managed 5 on each arm and I was sloppy, not the perfectly held posture.  And to be fair I have probably lost almost as much weight as the 2 sheep weighed, so it was only really like what walking used to be.

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #130 on: June 24, 2012, 02:19:13 PM »
Well I finally hit 82.9kg which is 12.1kg loss in about two months. 

Reduced my portion size and no snacking or fatty stuff.  Son bought me a sausage roll yesterday and I only got 1/2 way through before chucking it away.
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline Tjupurula

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #131 on: June 24, 2012, 11:28:09 PM »
Okay Dazzler, now I am jealous.  I have been doing okay, and have gone back to 126 kg, but the quackter told me it was a normal reaction to the insulin and should settle down fast.  First time I have ever been told by a doctor to slow down on the weight loss.  He told me to keep exercising, but not to aim for anything more than about 1/2 kg a week, that I can do fairly easily.
Tjupurula

Offline johnyd

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #132 on: June 25, 2012, 12:15:04 AM »
Well I finally hit 82.9kg which is 12.1kg loss in about two months. 

Well done. :cup:

I'm still stalled on 112kg, although still getting visible and physical results.  I was hoping I could get under 100kg, but it's looking less and less likely.  I'm actually fairly happy with where I'm at now.  I'm still carrying too much, enough that it would bring me under 100kg if I lost it all, but I'm not interested in being stick thin.  My goal now is more about body shape than weight.

Played tennis to*looks at time*yesterday 5 sets with a fair bit of running and remained mostly light on my feet up until the final set, my court speed is up a long way from even a month ago.  I did have sore legs last time though so that slowed me up a bit, but then again the sore legs were from the workout on Friday, I did a harder workout on Friday this time and had no muscle soreness/stiffness this time. 

It's easier for me to keep track of how much fitter/stronger/faster I'm getting than it is to track weight loss now, it's amazing how quickly a body can recover.

Offline cruisindub

• Volksing Matilda. We Love Our Matilda.
  • Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #133 on: June 25, 2012, 02:30:22 AM »
Fitted into a suit tonight I haven't been able to wear since 2007.

Was pretty chuffed and the good wife was pretty proud of me.

The chef baked a bunch of cakes/tarts/desserts today for sale. Enter lick the bowl/spoon or dunk my fingers in any of them.

That's stamina!!
Why do people ask "What the hell were you thinking?"
Obviously I was thinking I was going to get away with it and not have to explain it....

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #134 on: September 09, 2012, 10:14:12 AM »
HI all

Sorry missed a couple of posts.

I finally hit my goal weight.  Under 80kg

79.5kg

I was amazed how easy it turned out to be once I got my mind in the right space and for me that was simply (to say, not to do) that food is just fuel for the body and not a leisure activity.

In the past my mum was very overweight and tried lots of diets and never really got anywhere.  I tried a few and had the same result.

But this one worked for me.  I just forgot about food as a desire.  Of a morning I would have two or three high fibre weet bix with lite milk.  Then nothing at all until I got home from work by which time I was starving.  Dinner was a small bowl or plate of whatever the family was eating and as soon as I finished I left the table.

Around lunch time I would feel the hunger coming on and in the past this would make me think god I am hungry.  Changed my mindset to thank god my body is eating its fat.  "Woohoo!"  Weight loss time!.  Would even walk into the meal room and pick up a packet of chips and get the saliva juices perculating and then check out the fat content and think - "Yuk - imagine putting that crap in my body"  :D

The big thing for me was changing the mindset and actually enjoying the fact that I was hungry as this meant I was losing weight.  I reckon this is the key, at least for me.

Health wise my poor old knees, damaged playing footy, have never been better seeing as they are not carrying around a spare bag of cement  :cheers:

Good luck all!

cheers

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #135 on: September 09, 2012, 10:15:47 AM »
Fitted into a suit tonight I haven't been able to wear since 2007.

Was pretty chuffed and the good wife was pretty proud of me.

The chef baked a bunch of cakes/tarts/desserts today for sale. Enter lick the bowl/spoon or dunk my fingers in any of them.

That's stamina!!

:cheers:

Sweeet! 

Offline Swannie

• Are we there yet
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #136 on: September 09, 2012, 01:02:40 PM »
HI all

Sorry missed a couple of posts.

I finally hit my goal weight.  Under 80kg

79.5kg

I was amazed how easy it turned out to be once I got my mind in the right space and for me that was simply (to say, not to do) that food is just fuel for the body and not a leisure activity.

In the past my mum was very overweight and tried lots of diets and never really got anywhere.  I tried a few and had the same result.

But this one worked for me.  I just forgot about food as a desire.  Of a morning I would have two or three high fibre weet bix with lite milk.  Then nothing at all until I got home from work by which time I was starving.  Dinner was a small bowl or plate of whatever the family was eating and as soon as I finished I left the table.

Around lunch time I would feel the hunger coming on and in the past this would make me think god I am hungry.  Changed my mindset to thank god my body is eating its fat.  "Woohoo!"  Weight loss time!.  Would even walk into the meal room and pick up a packet of chips and get the saliva juices perculating and then check out the fat content and think - "Yuk - imagine putting that crap in my body"  :D

The big thing for me was changing the mindset and actually enjoying the fact that I was hungry as this meant I was losing weight.  I reckon this is the key, at least for me.

Health wise my poor old knees, damaged playing footy, have never been better seeing as they are not carrying around a spare bag of cement  :cheers:

Good luck all!

cheers

Well done dazzler. I have lost 10kg in 5 weeks but still a bit to go to get downbtonyour number

Cheers
Greg
1994 80 series RV Land Cruiser  (Frank the Tank)
2015 200 series gxl TTD (Bruiser The Cruiser)
2015 Jayco Starcraft 17:58-3 OB (Starsky)

Offline cruisindub

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #137 on: September 09, 2012, 09:25:15 PM »
Dropped under the 80kg mark, which i am very happy with.

Levelled off and now not so anal anymore, don't mind enjoying a cold beer aftĂȘr hard days work(Just one or two) or enjoying morning tea with my mum and a piece of cake she's made.

Happy to have got so far and hopefully I can keep it at bay and still enjoy a few little indulgences occasionally.

The 20 odd kgs I dropped,weighed more thn my traavel bag. No wonder puffed out after carrying a suitcase around all day.

Best part though
 ........my self esteem and confidence has increased while weight has decreased. Now don't feel embarrassed thug I had bigger breasts than the missus.....ha ha ha
Obviously I was thinking I was going to get away with it and not have to explain it....

bunyip

« Reply #138 on: September 10, 2012, 09:21:28 AM »
Hi All,

Congrats to all of you who are losing weight.

Dazzler, I like your comments on mindset, I might try that one.

I hope to get rid of close to 30Kg, however very much doubt I will ever get below the ton.

I have recently quit smoking and for the first time in my life the Doc was no so concerned about my weight. Give it a couple more months and I am sure he will get back onto that.

Bunyip

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #139 on: September 10, 2012, 01:07:30 PM »
Hi All,

Congrats to all of you who are losing weight.

Dazzler, I like your comments on mindset, I might try that one.

I hope to get rid of close to 30Kg, however very much doubt I will ever get below the ton.

I have recently quit smoking and for the first time in my life the Doc was no so concerned about my weight. Give it a couple more months and I am sure he will get back onto that.

Bunyip

Best of luck mate.  I think it is all in the mind.  I drove into town today at lunch and on the way back there is a milk bar that sells pies/chips/chiko rolls etc.  On the way  in I was thinking I would love a chiko roll and some chips.  And it was on my mind while in town and then driving back.  But thought, hey, why bother grabbed a ham sandwich.  Much better.  But the old brain was thinking 'mmmmmmm - chiko roll!"

;D

Offline GOLDIE

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2013, 10:33:44 PM »
Thought I would revive this tipic with my story,
Always was a bigger kid growing up but very fit, I know it doesnt make sence. When I was 15 (year 10 at school) i was at my fittest. I was playing in 4 different rugby league teams training up to 8 times a week, left school and went into a trade stopped playing most footy bar 1 team and begain to eat the normal tradie food, pies, burgers, hot chip.my weight shot up to about 105 kgs.
got married, got an office job and kept eating crap. slowly the weight kept creeping up. left the office job tried all the gimicks, meal replacements ect didnt work.

My big turning point was I did a measure in a unit about 10 floors up in a unit and I was out of breath. I was 33 years old, 144kgs. I left the job and driving back home said to my self I would give anything to be fitter again.

I drove straight to a personal trainning studio which one of my mates brothers ran and said help. which he did? he told me I would be dead in 20 years if I did do something. So I did.

As of today, in one year I have lost 38 kgs. Im down to 106kgs. Im back to my old ways, I train 5 days a week, most days before and after work. the weight is still falling of and I love heading to the gym.

Yes it cost money to see a personal trainer, cost me $100 a week,but if someone came up to me and said I can make you 40kg lighter for $5000 I would of jumped at the chance. I would of spent more than $100 a week on bad food.

We all pay to maintain our cars our campers yet most of us fail to look after ourselves.

I hope that someone reads this and get inspired and can do what I did and what others have done.
Cheers, Ryano
Ready to Roll

2010 Goldstream Storm - 2006 Toyota Landcruiser GXL

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2013, 08:47:40 AM »
Fantastic story Goldie!

Have you found that not carrying the weight makes you feel heaps lighter? 

:cheers:

Offline cruisindub

• Hard Floor Camper User
« Reply #142 on: April 14, 2013, 01:33:08 PM »
Bugger!!!
I dragged up the daily rant thread.  I was secretely hoping this one would stay buried.

Lost the 20kgs, did well.  Was quite happy.

Went through a bit of a bad patch, put the 20kgs back on again. Back to 100kge had noclothes fitting me.

Bugger, thanks for reminding me. Hope wife doesn't read this. She's already kicking my butt. Just not hard enough.

Although I need to want to do it myself for ditto happen.

Offline Brad_m

• Tent User
« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2013, 03:00:10 PM »
Three things have worked for me.

First was not changing the way I eat, but, I bought a motocross bike and spent most weekends out with a mate.  That lost me about 20kg a a few months and I stayed at around 105kg until that mate took a job in Africa and I stopped ridding and sold the bike.   (there's that 'burn more then you eat thing)

Second I did the Tony Ferguson diet for a few weeks with my wife, It made her sick but I lost 5kg in two weeks.

The third, I had gall stones and fatty food set the pain off big time. The pain was debilitating during an attack and often lasted for hours.
A friend had been managing the same issue by only buying food with 10 grams of fat or less. I tried that while I was waiting for my operation to have my gall bladder out I lost about 15kg.     

Right now I'd be happy to drop back down to 105kg-ish.  I haven't been under 100kg since I was 16 so that almost 14 years.
I always did feel better at that weight.

My problem is I don't find regular forms of exercise in any way stimulating or enjoyable. 
Attention COMMODORE DRIVERS, there is a stick near your steering wheel that makes orange lights flash on the outside of your car!!! These are used to tell people in advance that you intend to turn a corner or change lanes.

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
Weight Loss
« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2013, 03:19:53 PM »
We all pay to maintain our cars our campers yet most of us fail to look after ourselves.

I hope that someone reads this and get inspired and can do what I did and what others have done.

And mate, you look fantastic for it. Well done.

I hope you don't mind that I mention that you also inspired your wife to do the same, and she also looks fantastic for it. You two have made a big difference to your lives, and those around you who are inspired by the changes you have made.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline Bunyip

• Hard Floor Camper User
  • Lucky to have such a supportive SWMBO as LB
« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2013, 11:04:33 PM »
Hi Goldie,

What a fantastic story.

I have started to lose weight since I had a heart scare, turned out to be nothing but a wake up call for a lazy 40 year old sloth.

At this stage it is mainly portion control on my behalf, have to get into the excercise but I tend to push myself too hard, hurt too much then give up.

My 19 year old just said he wants to get back into Union, so the two of us will work on it together.

Until I get  ajob I am not in a position to go to a personal trainer or gym, so it will be the local park and streets for me.

Bunyip
2002 Landcruiser GXV

Offline johnyd

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #146 on: April 16, 2013, 12:45:36 AM »
Great work Goldie!

Offline Barry G

• Hard Top Camper User
  • For my 'Pop' l.Cpl Tom Powell, A Comp.21Batt.6Brig
« Reply #147 on: April 16, 2013, 12:54:37 AM »
A very inspiring thread.
Will be starting similar with the squeeze soon myself.
We could both do with losing a few kgs.
2000 Jackaroo Monterey 2002 Jackaroo 'Equipe' & Heaslip soft floor rear fold camper.
05 Subaru Outback Weekender GOGO Camper
 i hope for a better world for my kids, and yours, not just a bigger slice of the current one!

Offline toeball

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #148 on: April 16, 2013, 06:51:40 PM »
I need to lose a few kg's too, from my extensive research I think you need to exercise with an elevated,heart rate for about half an hour before bed so you can go to sleep with an elevated metabolism.

Now I wonder what a suitable activity can be chosen to achieve this??
I-zoo-zoo D-MAX and a Lifestyle Explorer + (+ more)

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #149 on: April 16, 2013, 06:54:33 PM »
Squash?  ;D