Author Topic: E & Z Trading campers  (Read 14498 times)

Offline Tom

• Tent User
E & Z Trading campers
« on: July 14, 2012, 06:36:11 PM »
Question
Did a search but found nothing.
Anyone had any dealings with E&Z trading campers?
Good bad or ugly,pm me if you need.
WWW.enztrading.com.au
Thanks for any info.
Cheers.
Titch

Offline fuji

• "Tail End Charlie"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "nolle timere" Don't be afraid
Re: E & Z Trading campers
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 06:44:54 PM »
I know that a friend bought one and he is very happy with his. I think it was around 5k mark. It is ideal for his needs. No off roading.
Wayne
2017 (79 series) Landcruiser, and Evernew E100😎

Marschy

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 09:47:26 PM »
Hello Tom,

Bought my EZGVC EzyTrail last April, had 8 trips in it so far. Wife and I are very happy so far. Electrifying my Ezytrail Camper

Cheers Marschy.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 09:51:08 PM by Marschy »

Offline Tom

• Tent User
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 09:57:10 PM »
Nice trailer :D
Cheers.
Titch

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 10:18:00 AM »
Hey Tom

We just sold our 2008 Jackaroo Off Road CT for $1500 more than we paid for it :cup:

Although these CT's may not match the high quality of some Australian made CT's, they are more than adequate and very good value for the budget concious family, especially if you are able to add mods yourself

:cheers: bubba
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback

Offline Tom

• Tent User
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 08:37:59 PM »
Thanks for the replies.
Cheers.
Titch

Offline ddr

• Tent User
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 10:51:11 AM »
My sister has one & got what she paid for.  The Camper went moldy after a very short time even after it being dried everytime.  The last time was very bad after a night of rain, then a days travel through the rain.  It was unpacked that night & dried asap but it was still covered.  My sister threatened them with legal action after they did NOTHING about it.  Company Said it (& other little problems) were their issue to sort out.

Friends bought one, they are not happy at all.  Initial problems before they even took it out once were,  Broken stabilisers, axle not straight so burn out bearings, Tool box leaks water, same mold problems etc etc.  Every time it was taken back (Approx 5 or 6 times) the company was VERY reluctant to help.

IMHO you dont even get what you pay for here, the support (I did see it first hand) is terrible, arrogant & pointless.  If your happy to fix it yourself you might be ok, but why pay new $ for something your going to fix yourself?

Offline Tom

• Tent User
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 07:47:20 PM »
Thanks DDR
Appreciate your time.
Cheers.
Titch

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 08:07:35 PM »

I have never seen a camper trailer company have their bank details and Shipping and returns on their website. That tells something about their quality and customer service. ???

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Offline Aitken

• Learning the Ropes
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 08:40:44 PM »
hey
we had an off road one not a bad trailer but the canvas leaked really bad and have heard of others doing the same drove me mad trying to waterproof it and the wife was not impressed sleeping with damp wet sheets, you do get what you pay for we sold it and bought a jayco swan outback.
my advice pay a fraction more for a half decent brand with a bit of customer service
08 jayco swan OB .....05 GU PATROL

Offline Dragonfly

• Tent User
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 12:43:36 PM »
I own one.

It's not glamorous. It's not fancy, but it does the trick. The wheels stay attached to the trailer, the stuff sits inside, the tent stays up in harsh weather and is as water proof as any others I've seen.

Ours doesn't have brakes at all (I might do that and an off-road hitch at some point), has a big toolbox up-front and for the money... it's stellar. I bought mine from one of the members here and our family is very happy with it.

The previous owner added a heavy duty tarp, but other than that and a few minor kitchen and lighting mods, it's stock. You absolutely get what you pay for with these.

I've also contacted E&Z to ask questions about the trailer and dimensions and stuff and they were quite responsive.

If you are looking to live large for small money - this is a viable option.
Cheers
'fly

Offline Heiny

• "All who wander are not lost"
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 11:33:05 PM »
I own one.

It's not glamorous. It's not fancy, but it does the trick. The wheels stay attached to the trailer, the stuff sits inside, the tent stays up in harsh weather and is as water proof as any others I've seen.

Ours doesn't have brakes at all (I might do that and an off-road hitch at some point), has a big toolbox up-front and for the money... it's stellar. I bought mine from one of the members here and our family is very happy with it.

The previous owner added a heavy duty tarp, but other than that and a few minor kitchen and lighting mods, it's stock. You absolutely get what you pay for with these.

I've also contacted E&Z to ask questions about the trailer and dimensions and stuff and they were quite responsive.

If you are looking to live large for small money - this is a viable option.

:cup:

:cheers: bubba
NM Pajero GLS 3.2 DiD manual
2008 Jayco Flamingo Outback

Offline nick_4x4

• Tent User
    • Xiam Design and Hosting
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 11:49:19 PM »
I just brought a second hand one that was used once (only tent used all annex is brand new) was also treated with a fluoropolymer formula that makes it fully water proof, ive only hit it with the hose a few times out the front but zero leaks and just beads off.

Trailer has a few spots where im preparing to be re-welded as some have holes in them, other items is the seal under the bed which needs to be thicker which ive brought some seal's for it, there's also spots where the pine is mounted onto the frame for the bed which has some small gaps where dust will get through.
Kitchen on the tail gate is average at best, needs to be fixed will try get a build log and photos going of the small fixes i put in place in this area.

Tent instructions are 3 pages on the one i got and its all pole a here b here c here so on, not very helpful for someone who has never used a camper.

Overall mine is a pretty good camper the few small problems only make it better for myself to modify and fix to my specifications.
If you are happy fixing some things then go the cheap ones if you want a camper you can pick-up and just use day 1 then buy an expensive one.
2004 GU Patrol 3.0TD - 2010 Ezytrail

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 04:13:14 PM »
Dont buy one if your expecting Trackabout Quality at a budget price. Went into the purchase of ours with the eyes wide open, expecting to have to spend a kay or so to get it to where we want.

Have spent zilch so far and are happy with what we have.  Mite replace the tent with a smaller version down the track.

Hey Nick 4x4, can I get  a copy of your tent instructions?

:cheers:
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline Bill

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 04:29:27 PM »
Tent instructions are 3 pages on the one i got and its all pole a here b here c here so on, not very helpful for someone who has never used a camper.
Are there pictures included as well?
Bill and Morag
"The problem with the world is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?"
-unknown

Offline nick_4x4

• Tent User
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 07:01:24 PM »
will scan them up and post soon

Offline nick_4x4

• Tent User
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 07:13:19 PM »
Here is the 4 page PDF

Offline Tom

• Tent User
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 08:46:12 PM »
Thats a lot of poles if you go double.
Cheers.
Titch

Offline nick_4x4

• Tent User
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 09:04:39 PM »
Yep 2 bags of them infact and they weigh about 40kgs each.

Poles are all numbered though which is good for a start or till the first rain, im in the process of getting the kids to mark each pole with a marking symbol for each number.

Offline Tom

• Tent User
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 09:34:58 PM »
Make sure its permanent marker and not crayon :D

Offline nick_4x4

• Tent User
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 09:48:56 PM »
Using an etching machine to make the marks

Marschy

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 08:07:11 AM »
I have never seen a camper trailer company have their bank details and Shipping and returns on their website. That tells something about their quality and customer service. ???

Mark

I don't see a problem with this.

E & Z Tradings main shop front is eBay and the internet and they sell Australia wide so wouldn't having their bank details and Shipping and return information on their website make perfect sense. Just because E & Z Trading has a different business model compared to the traditional Australian camper trailer manufacturer who have a shop front doesn't mean dick about quality. I had no illusions about what I was buying for the money I was spending, that was my choice. What I think is happening is the budget camper manufacturers have been eroding sales at the big end of town, and the big boys are crapping their dacks because their businesses are not in a position to change their business model to internet sales without cannibalising their shop front.

Offline McGirr

• Cape York Tour Guide
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Living the good life
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2012, 08:31:06 AM »

The reason for the comment was that I read it as " you will have problems and expect that when you buy from us"

At the end of the day we all buy with a budget and as long as you are enjoying the great outdoors that's the main thing.

Mark
Living the dream working our way around Australia.

Ernabella SA, Warburton WA, Mt Barnett Roadhouse in the Kimberley, Peppimenarti NT, Ramingining NT, Gapuwiyak NT, Gunbalanya NT, Bidyadanga WA, Ali Curung NT, Tjuntjuntjara WA. 18 places

https://www.facebook.com/Working-and-Traveling-Australia

Marschy

E & Z Trading campers
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2012, 08:50:13 AM »
The majority of comments I read about poor quality for Ezytrails typically come from someone who doesn't own one. Again, I was under no illusions about what I was purchasing, I bought to a budget and will no doubt at some stage upgrade, for the time being I am extremely happy with my purchase. If E & Z started making a product that competes with the Jayco poptop camper, would i give it my consideration, you betcha. Especially if I could see value for money.

Marschy

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2012, 08:58:31 AM »
Hey Nick 4x4, can I get  a copy of your tent instructions?

Hello Mace, depending on year of manufacturer, the instructions vary, mine has different numbering to Nick 4x4's.