Author Topic: How to handle loud campers over xmas  (Read 24337 times)

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
How to handle loud campers over xmas
« on: November 15, 2012, 03:14:44 PM »
Now I know it seems odd to ask this, but where better to get a real solution to my problems other than myswag????

We go camping to a caravan park every xmas for 3 weeks and love the place.
Only problem we've had the last couple of years is a group who camp together near us (about 10 -15 sites worth) tend to stay up really late - 2 to 3am - on the cans swearing and carrying on.
Its all good for them, but the rest of the park has young families and is trying to get some sleep.
Complaining to the park managers is fine for an hour after he comes and shuts them down, but then they start up again. As soon as he comes they stop, etc etc.
Its starting to wear a lot of people down and many are not returning this year because of it.

I'm not asking about who to talk to or how to handle it, as its all good to say don't go, but our kids have grown up there and love it. Its a family tradition I don't want to give up because of a few clowns.
What I'm asking is for some more sinister, devious ways of handling it so they calm the hell down.
I'm hoping to do it all legally of course (well...............as close to legal as possible if you get my drift)

Any ideas suggestions or phone numbers of good guns shops are welcomed.

To give you an idea of the mongrels I have to deal with, last year we came back from the beach and one of them had parked across the grass on the front of our site.
When I went over to ask who's car it was, they seemed to have no idea. I knew exactly who's it was, but let it go. I didn't want a fight.
Later however when he came to move it (4 hours later btw) I asked if he had suddenly remembered it was his car. He told me to get far away (or words to that effect)
I still don't know how it happened, but next morning his prado had 4 flat tyres. Well actually they were only flat on the bottom, the rest was fine.
Oh and while I'm on the subject, did anyone know that staun deflators work really well?

Hopefully some of the more devious of you can give me some tips......

Cheers
Brian
Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!

Offline JCOJ

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
Re: How to handle loud campers over xmas
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 03:55:07 PM »
Get the kids that wake up early and send them over to around where there sites are with saucepans and wooden spoons and let them start a music jamboree.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:57:41 PM by JKohn »

Offline JCOJ

• 2019 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 03:56:09 PM »
You could also pump up your tyres first thing in the morning with your compressors - and gee they take a long time!

Offline GeoffA

• 2017 National Meet Volunteer
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • "If 1 axle is good, 2 must be better........."
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 03:58:12 PM »
I'd go somewhere else.......
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon
2005 Coota Camper - gone, but never forgotten
2020 North Coast 15' Titanium - tandem, of course

Land Cruiser.....the Patrol that Toyota try to build.....

Online austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 04:04:04 PM »
Hi

cheers

Offline GeoffA

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 04:06:19 PM »
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon

Offline Burnsy

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 04:14:25 PM »
I would be getting all the like pi$$ed campers together and throwing back on management.  If it is a CV park it is their issue to deal with.  They are not dealing with it as you all keep going back so you need to let them now as a group that you won't be if they don't deal with it.
2016 GXL 200 Series Cruiser and Modified 2001 TL8 Camprite

Offline ruskie

• Tent User
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 04:19:58 PM »
Get the kids that wake up early and send them over to around where there sites are with saucepans and wooden spoons and let them start a music jamboree.

Love that idea.

However going from the response from the car owner after confronting him I'd say it could all escalate into something nasty if not handled right.

What was their response to the 4 flat tires?

Offline wholehog

• "Assumption is the mother of all screw-ups"
  • Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 04:25:04 PM »
once camped with a cple of friends...Not being vindictive towards them...only being a practical joker i very quietly unzipped there tent and backed my harley fitted with 2 inch drag pipes just so the pipes where in the flap
Fired it and gave  it a little rev >:D
Nearly blew there 2 man tent clean off em ;D ;D ;D they did however see the funny side :D

Offline DannyG

• Hard Top Camper User
  • The best way to predict the future is to create it
    • Oz Isuzu Forum
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 04:26:32 PM »
To give you an idea of the mongrels I have to deal with, last year we came back from the beach and one of them had parked across the grass on the front of our site.
When I went over to ask who's car it was, they seemed to have no idea. I knew exactly who's it was, but let it go. I didn't want a fight.
Later however when he came to move it (4 hours later btw) I asked if he had suddenly remembered it was his car. He told me to get far away (or words to that effect)

One of my pet hates in life is young (or old) hero's. Meaning smart mouthed tough guy wanna be's. You know the type, they mouth off constantly to their own social group about how tough they are and what they are gunna do etc.

Wouldn't life be wonderful if we could simply shoot dickheads like that??

Anyway back to your problem. It is my experience that any approach or fighting back to tossers like this will only end in tears. They are always tough when around mates or trying to impress people.

Personally I wouldn't go back, which I know in your case is not what you want to do. Then I would simply tell the CP owners its either keep them under control or loose the decent people from staying.

You could always zip tie their zipper ends together.......there is only one way out when you do that to someone......it is with a knife ;)

Its a sad fact of life that there are people around like this. The older I get the less tolerant I am to them :(
Not a virus, not a re-install, not a format, not an issue since 2011..once you go mac you never go back

Oz Isuzu Forums
My Trailer Build

Online austastar

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 04:29:17 PM »
What if they're Scottish??

Then they would of course be gentlemen.

cheers

Offline GeoffA

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 04:42:34 PM »
Then they would of course be gentlemen......

.......with attitude....... ;D ;D
Geoff and Kay

1999 GU TD42T wagon

Offline oldmate

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 04:50:30 PM »
You could also pump up your tyres first thing in the morning with your compressors - and gee they take a long time!

Or let all there's down!!! 
Or in the morning run around and pull all the pegs out of the ground

Sent from an overpriced, overengineered, outdated gadget that can make phone calls, sometimes.
Our Blog. A work in progress
https://www.facebook.com/UltimateAdventuresBlog/

Offline edz

• Hard Top Camper User
  • " I dont like Sheeple "
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 04:59:18 PM »
 A good set of vice grips, on your back in the very early hours, under a car / truck = steel fuel line not totaly crimped, but almost , engine runs fine at idle and lower speeds but starves at higher revs = no power and time at local garage and lots of bucks trying to sort out what the problem is till its found if it is ..Just gotta love modern fuel injection and a million sensors, that could be playing up = more costs .
Doesnt help one bit to the situation your in at the time, except to give you a nice "Gotcha ya so and so "smile while you have a beer or three to their extra christmas out of pockets ...  Have a happy holiday mongrels .. hopefully their a long way from home, ever tried to get mechanical work done at Christmas time 
But then I'm not that devious or nasty and would never do this ...
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 05:06:00 PM by edz »
" IMPROVISE  ADAPT   OVERCOME   and  PERSEVERE  "

Offline dazzler

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Power Power Power
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 05:02:51 PM »

Personally I wouldn't go back, which I know in your case is not what you want to do. Then I would simply tell the CP owners its either keep them under control or loose the decent people from staying.

Agree with Danny on this.  Unless you have mates with you that will back you till the end you may end up on your own.  And anyway, once you have had a go at em it sours the whole thing.

Speak to the owners before committing.  If they dont seem interested in it then don't bother giving em money.
My alternative to cheap import trailers;

http://www.myswag.org/index.php?topic=36094.msg578367#msg578367

Offline Black Diamond

• "IF IT HAS TITS OR WHEELS IT WILL GIVE YOU TROUBLE........"
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Cruisin through Life in the 80.......
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 05:07:21 PM »
Now I know it seems odd to ask this, but where better to get a real solution to my problems other than myswag????

We go camping to a caravan park every xmas for 3 weeks and love the place.
Only problem we've had the last couple of years is a group who camp together near us (about 10 -15 sites worth) tend to stay up really late - 2 to 3am - on the cans swearing and carrying on.
Its all good for them, but the rest of the park has young families and is trying to get some sleep.
Complaining to the park managers is fine for an hour after he comes and shuts them down, but then they start up again. As soon as he comes they stop, etc etc.
Its starting to wear a lot of people down and many are not returning this year because of it.

I'm not asking about who to talk to or how to handle it, as its all good to say don't go, but our kids have grown up there and love it. Its a family tradition I don't want to give up because of a few clowns.
What I'm asking is for some more sinister, devious ways of handling it so they calm the hell down.
I'm hoping to do it all legally of course (well...............as close to legal as possible if you get my drift)

Any ideas suggestions or phone numbers of good guns shops are welcomed.

I still don't know how it happened, but next morning his prado had 4 flat tyres. Well actually they were only flat on the bottom, the rest was fine.
Oh and while I'm on the subject, did anyone know that staun deflators work really well?

Hopefully some of the more devious of you can give me some tips......

Cheers
Brian
As far as I'm concerned that's the park managers fault. No way anyone should put up with that and if it still happens after he goes he should black ban them.

Bd
1996 80 series Cruiser
2005 Coota Camper - The legend lives on.....

Offline D4D

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Are we there yet?
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 06:05:05 PM »
Hydrochloric acid
I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Work - Outback
Play - Prado

Offline wartim

• Soft Floor Camper User
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 06:14:42 PM »
With any luck they wont be going this year, maybe you could check with the park managers if the same group has booked the same spot before you finally decide?  It would be a shame to miss out especially if they havent booked this year.

Good Luck
Wartim

Offline Stozz

• Hard Floor Camper User
    • The Driver, The Nav and The Dog
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 06:40:18 PM »
If you know the other good people who usually camp around you and are also disturbed by this group, perhaps you could all band together - now - and get in contact with the Caravan Park owner in advance to express your concerns - and check if that same group will be there again. If, as a group, you explain the extent of the problem - they really should act upon it.  As the nuisance neighbours are a big group, I bet the CP owner is reluctant to turn them away.  Perhaps the caravan park owner could camp in a swag on your site for a few nights and enjoy the experience as well? Is it possible to request sites in a different part of the park to this group?

I think if you do retaliate (as tempting as it is), you'll just make yourselves more stressed and it sounds like these knuckleheads have no idea of the impact they have on others. If you want to approach them, then I suggest doing it in the middle of the day when they have recovered from the night before but havent got into the swing of the next round.  Tackling people like this when they are hungover or on the turps can only end badly.

I know from experience - asking a bunch of drunk bogans to turn off their car (they had it (6.5L Brunswick diesel) idling for nearly two hours so they could have headlights on while they set up) and to turn down their music (car stereo with doors open and doors facing us not them - speakers were in the doors) - that no good comes from it.  I got abused, threatened and the music then went on louder and later into the night. The next day camped next to them was intolerable with the language and the slightly loud offensive comments aimed at us.  So we ended up leaving - very unhappy. We were the losers in this one  :'( :'(

Last resort is the local police - they will make the CP owner enforce rules if people are being a public nuisance.  :police:

Hope it works out for you.

Stozz   :angel:

Offline BigJules

• Administrator
  • Hard Top Camper User
  • Just Cruisin' - I wish...
    • I'm so much cooler online :D
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 06:44:59 PM »
Brake fluid in a water pistol.

Seriously, Stozz has it right. Get onto Park management now and raise your concerns. A bad group will be bad for their business so they should be looking after those who are easy to accommodate.
Julian
Land Cruiser V8 + Trackabout Safari SV Extenda
MySwag Gallery, Photobucket
Sydney Agent for www.trackabout.com.au
Mallee Gear - Tough as nails

Offline briann532

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 07:35:06 PM »
A good set of vice grips, on your back in the very early hours, under a car / truck = steel fuel line not totaly crimped, but almost , engine runs fine at idle and lower speeds but starves at higher revs = no power and time at local garage and lots of bucks trying to sort out what the problem is till its found if it is ..Just gotta love modern fuel injection and a million sensors, that could be playing up = more costs .
Doesnt help one bit to the situation your in at the time, except to give you a nice "Gotcha ya so and so "smile while you have a beer or three to their extra christmas out of pockets ...  Have a happy holiday mongrels .. hopefully their a long way from home, ever tried to get mechanical work done at Christmas time 
But then I'm not that devious or nasty and would never do this ...

Oh Edz, you're a bad man,and I'd never do anything like that. ;D ;D ;D

Love it, and will probably stoop this low as other posters have said don't go back. I do want to as its my family's wishes to go.
This is the sort of self satisfaction that makes it all worth it.
Yes I'm sick etc etc. I can live with it.

Brian
Back to a swag!
BitsiShity Tryton
Spending most of my time at the farm in Dalton!

Offline Mace

• Hard Top Camper User
  • Life's to short to drive a boring vehicle.
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 07:40:25 PM »
I think the answer has been mentioned several times.

A group approach (by all those pissed of) to management, advising them that this will be your last stay, would be my advice. Let them know this when you arrive.

However, other remedies will leave you feeling better.
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel
2009 Coromal 452
2002 Commodore SS (The Toy)

Offline Kit_e_kat9

• It's all about the Journey ...
  • Hard Top Camper User
    • The Lyons Den
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 07:47:04 PM »
I'd never do this myself ...  :angel: ... but 1/2 a kilo of sugar in the petrol tank does work ... or so I'm told ...  :angel: ... maybe not today or tomorrow ... but next week it's definitely gonna work ...  :angel: ... and no-one can say it was "that girl living in the appartment below us because we pi$$ed her off by breaking in and flogging all her belongings one day while she was at work" ...  :angel: ... because it could have been anyone.

Kit_e
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:49:06 PM by Kit_e_kat9 »
2010 Hilux SR5 & 2010 Aussie Swag Rover LX
My Blog

Offline Kimberley Mob

• Sleeping Bag User
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 08:20:09 PM »
Rule .303

Offline Nomad

• Hard Top Camper User
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 08:34:13 PM »
Ring the funstoppers and tell them you think they are dealing and doing drugs in the park.